Stuck for how to celebrate International Women’s Day? Don’t be! With so much going on across the country, there’s no excuse not to get involved…
1. There’s so much going on in Manchester we don’t know where to start…
2. Go climbing in Bangor!
3. Get a free afternoon tea in Birmingham
4. Murder, She Wrote!
Take on gender and crime writing in Newcastle. And while you’re feeling literary, why not join pop up feminist reading group Words To Inspire Deeds
5. Go and see Grimes
No men were involved in writing performing, producing or mixing of her most recent and critically acclaimed album Art Angels. Listings here
6. And if classical music is more your thing
check out a whole day of women composers on Radio 3
7. The spectacular Women of the World festival takes place in London’s Southbank Centre this week
featuring comedy, politics, workshops, music and more
8. Dance all evening
to tracks by female-fronted bands at clubnight Debbie at the Shacklewell Arms
9. Be bold, brave and bonkers in Bristol
10. Plant a tree in Nottingham with the WI…
…and then head to the Women’s Equality Party Nottingham IWD bash!
11. Celebrate women in history, politics, the arts and business at Edinburgh’s Festival Theatre
12. Hypnosis, laughter, health checks, spoken word…
All this and more will be taking place at York’s International Women’s Festival throughout March
13. Check out “A Brief Herstory of Cinema” in Belfast
Start doing that thing you always wanted to – whether it’s writing a book, making music, or starting that business.
15. Affect change
From volunteering in your community to joining a political party, the opportunity to get involved and see the world you want to see is endless. What are you waiting for?