Our Chief Executive, Julia, is pregnant and will be taking August-December to look after her newborn human rights supporter. We are therefore looking for an energetic Interim CEO to join us for 6 months.
Beginning around mid-July, the role could be either full-time or part-time (minimum 3 days/week), based in our central London office. The salary will be in the region of £45-50k.
RightsInfo is a multi-award winning human rights charity focused on public education through digital communication. We build knowledge and support for human rights in the UK with engaging, accessible and beautifully presented online content. We have a monthly organic Facebook reach of five million, and tens of thousands of followers. We recently won a UK Blog Award and are shortlisted for the renowned Annecy International Animation Festival.
We are looking for an experienced manager with strong financial and administrative skills. A background in digital media, journalism and/or the charity sector are desirable. You will report to the Board of Trustees and work closely with Adam Wagner, RightsInfo’s founder and Strategic Director. You will manage the staff team, including the Creative Director/Project Manager, News & Social Media Editor, Video Producer and Community Coordinator.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of RightsInfo, including digital content, and all aspects of operational management;
- Taking responsibility for fundraising and the financial well-being of RightsInfo;
- Recruiting and line managing staff, project freelancers, and consultants;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key digital partners, opinion formers, funders, and commercial partners;
- Providing regular operational and financial updates for the trustees, and attending meetings of the Board every two months;
- Working with stakeholders to develop our digital KPIs and provide regular reports and feedback to the trustees, funders, and other stakeholders;
- Ensuring that RightsInfo is a fun and positive place to work.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter to Recruiterbox via the “apply” button by Wednesday 31st May. We are also asking candidates to fill in an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – this is optional and will not affect your application.
Please note that we are aiming to conduct interviews on Monday 12th June. Good luck!