We’re looking for a new Chief Executive to lead the RightsInfo team! As the organisation has grown the role of Chief Executive has changed, and Julia Kirby-Smith has made the decision to step down and let someone else take RightsInfo through the next phase. We’re looking for a talented charity leader with a passion for human rights and digital communications.
The successful applicant will bring enthusiasm and commitment to RightsInfo’s goals and values. You will be a public face of the organisation and will help develop and implement the strategic direction with RightInfo’s Chair, leading barrister Adam Wagner, and its Board of Trustees.
You will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organisation, taking us into the next phase of our work. This will involve overseeing RightsInfo’s operations, managing RightsInfo’s existing funders and building relationships with potential funders, ensuring that RightsInfo continues to produce superb online content, and building strategic partnerships within the digital, commercial and charitable sector.
This is a great opportunity to lead an exciting, dynamic young charity. The successful candidate will have strong experience of the charity sector and a good understanding of the UK human rights landscape. This could come from working in associated fields, such as poverty prevention or disability rights. You will be a natural leader, with experience of strategic development, as well as fundraising, and managing teams and budgets.
- Strong experience in the charity sector;
- Significant management experience;
- Demonstrable leadership skills;
- Fundraising experience including writing fundraising bids;
- Skilled networker;
- Experience of and skills in strategic planning;
- A belief in and commitment to human rights – widely defined;
- Understanding of and passion for social and/or digital media.
- Strong knowledge of human rights;
- Creative industry experience;
- Public speaking experience;
- Understanding of framing/messaging/advertising;
- Experience of pitching PR or creative projects to clients.
- Be a passionate and professional advocate for RightsInfo;
- Act as a spokesperson at events and to the media;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key funders, partners, opinion formers and commercial partners;
- Work with the Chair and Trustee Board to develop and implement RightsInfo’s vision and strategy.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of RightsInfo, including all aspects of operational management and quality control of content;
- Direct line management responsibility for staff including the Creative Director, Project Co-ordinator, and News and Social Media Editor.
- Build strategic and commercial partnerships and oversee commissioned creative work;
- Ensure that RightsInfo is a fun and positive place to work;
- Work with the team to ensure that our products continue to be engaging, accurate, innovative and beautifully presented;
- Provide regular reports and feedback to the board of trustees and funders.
Finance and governance
- Oversee the financial well-being of the charity, including managing budgets;
- Generate new fundraising leads and opportunities, including from institutions and individuals; manage the writing of fundraising bids
- Manage relationships with existing funders
- Ensure that sound book-keeping and accounting procedures are followed;
- Provide regular operational and financial updates for the trustees,
- Attend bi-monthly evening meetings of the Board of Trustees (usually 6-8pm);
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory frameworks governing RightsInfo;
- Ensure that the Board receives appropriate advice and information on all relevant matters and enable it to fulfil its governance responsibilities; and support the trustees to manage the risk profile of the charity.
Salary: £50k-£60k per year dependent on experience
Hours: Full time. Office hours are typically 9.00-5.30, and some evening and weekend work will be required. As a progressive employer we offer some flexibility to allow for an effective work-life balance.
Holiday: 28 days per year in addition to statutory holidays.
Position within the organisation: The Chief Executive has ultimate line management responsibility for all staff and consultants. The Chief Executive is line managed by the Chair and answerable to the Trustee Board.
Location: 7 Cavendish Square, Marylebone, London W1G 0PE
Apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter (one page of A4) via Recruiterbox here. The closing date is Friday 25 May, 4pm
Queries: If you would like to discuss the role confidentially, you are welcome to get in touch with our Founder and Chair, Adam Wagner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have permission to live and work in the UK.